Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Corn Souffle

My pot luck dish is usually corn souffle. It is easy, quick, I usually have the ingredients and it keeps well. So by request, here is the recipe. I double it for a 9x11 pan.  The single recipe makes enough for a pie plate. This is a dish I discovered at a pot luck in intensive care  at Bon Secours Hospital bakc in the 1970s!

Corn Souffle

4 c corn
1/2 c evaporated skim milk
1/2 c margarine (can decrease to 1/3 for lower fat)
1/2 c sugar
1 T flour
2 eggs well beaten (I use egg beaters)
1 1/2 t baking powder

Melt margarine. Add sugar and flour. Blend in milk and eggs. Add baking powder. Mix all together with corn. Pour in greased dish.  Bake 350 30 to 45 minutes.  Check at 30 minutes for browned top.  Time varies by air circulation in your oven and altitude.

No comments: