Friday, November 8, 2013

Fruit crisp

Blueberry crisp is my nephew Brett's favorite.  Cranberry or rhubarb crisp is my family's favorite.

I usually double this recipe for a 9 x 11 inch pan.  The single recipe makes a pie plate size.

4 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith apples (or frozen blueberries, any berry, or fresh cranberries, fresh or frozen rhubarb, or a mixture of fruits, I like peaches and rasberries)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup flower sifted
1 cup sugar (I decrease to 1/2 cup for tart cranberry or rhubarb crisp, other fruits I use the full cup)
1/3 cup margarine

Spray pan with non stick spray.  Arrange fruit on pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and water.  Combine flour, sugar and margarine with pastry cutter or a fork. Mix until consistency of coarse meal.  Sprinkle mixture over the fruit.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

No comments: